Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood

 
 
For my Niece's Birthday this year I decided to make her a Little Red Riding Hood Doll.   I also wanted to make a Big Bad Wolf but having a time crunch I couldn't pull off a complete doll, so I sculpted just the head and mounted it on a decorated dowel.  I love it.  Wish I would have had time to do the Grandmother and Huntsman. 
 
 






 I bought her a copy of this book as well.  I hand painted the fabric to match the book before sewing the dress.  If you use watered down acrylic paint it won't make the fabric too stiff.  It really worked out quite well.






 
Red's cape came out so cute, I used a pattern from Summerfaire's Blog.  I resized the pattern in photoshop. 
 
Story Stix
 
I see a lot of these in the future. 
 
 

 
 
Here she is with her new doll.
 
I think her Mom liked it more than my niece did!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment