Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Creating custom fabric

I came across this site the other day that got me thinking.  It's called Spoonflower and you upload your own designs to their site and they custom print them on fabric for approximately 15.00 a yard.  I thought this would be a great idea to make plushie Christmas ornaments or dolls.  How cool is it to be able to  design new work or use designs that you have already created and have them printed on fabric so you can easily sew and stuff them and either sell cheaper or give away to fans, family and friends who can't swing the price of the one of kind original art work.  Just a thought.  I vectored one of my original dolls earlier tonight to see how it would come out and I think it's coming out pretty good.  I still have to do the body and tweak the face a bit but you get the idea.

Here's the link to Spoonflower
 
 
 
 
This is the original sculpt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment