Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Automata

A little bit of Folk Art, a pinch of Automata,
a sprinkle of Halloween and a Dash of Dark. 

au·tom·a·ton


  A mechanical figure or contrivance constructed to act as if its own motive power; robot.


It's said that clock makers years ago started creating automatons to show off their skills.
 
Over a year ago I had come across 2 Automaton toys at a sale.  They are made by the company Timberkits  http://www.timberkits.com/Home/   I grabbed them cause, hey, you never know. 
 
Well in my quest for ideas for Halloween art, I went to my trusty closet in my art studio where I keep all of the garage sale and flea market scores that I just know I will use at some point in the future (;0) and there they were.  Had to give it a try and to my amazement was able to pull this off. 
 



 
 
Here's a quick video to show it in motion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment