Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Skeleton Doll - Work in Progress

I don't know what it is but I love skeletons.  I frequently incorporate them into my art.  
I tried a new pattern by Deanna Hogan called Averill.  Check out her website for tons of patterns and inspirational ideas in art doll creating.

I love sculpting my own heads and sometimes hands.  I also had no problem with coming up with ideas for costumes and making shoes but I was totally clueless on making a stuffed body and tried many times unsuccessfully.  I came across Deanna's site and love her patterns.  I have bought a few of them since.  You can purchase her patterns and create one of her dolls from head to toe or use her patterns to enhance your own art as I have done.  Great for beginners too.


This is a work in progress.



I am sewing her a dark Victorian dress and bonnet.  Some leather shoes or boots too.

2 comments:

  1. She looks great! Don't forget to show us the dress and bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

    Can't wait to see your gal all dressed up.

    I have included the link to one of my blogs as well.

    http://shibooee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete