Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Things in this world have changed!

I made a few art dolls back in the day (20 years ago) but the material to sculpt with was so not as durable as the clay we have today.  I am a huge fan of Super Sculpty, I can't say enough about it.  Paper clay, I am still getting used to. 
A while back I discovered The site Etsy.com, it was there that I discovered all of these fantastic art doll artist's selling these incredible creations.  I was in love with all of them.  I mentioned making my own to my sister Adrienne who might I add is a huge doll fan since way back.  She would throw such mind blowing tantrums in the Barbie Doll aisle that she would score us a new one every time we were out with Mom.  Well Ade asked me to make a African Art Doll for her home.  It didn't come out perfect but I have been hooked since.  Here is the doll I made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment